Coffee connoisseurs believe French press makes th best cup of coffee possible. We at Bean Commerce think soo too!
Coffee connoisseurs believe French press makes the best cup of coffee possible. We at Bean Commerce think so too! With normal drip coffee machines, the paper filter will take out a lot of the flavor and oils of the coffee. The French press has no paper filter leaving all of the flavor and oil for you to taste in your coffee. French press also leaves behind tiny bits of coffee grounds that help spread the flavor. The French press can look very intimidating to use but it’s a very simple way to make coffee.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- French press
- Hot water (around 200 degrees)
- Coarsely ground coffee
- Wooden spoon or coffee paddle
- Coffee mug
- Warm up French press . Add hot water to French press to keep it warm
- Measure and grind coffee. 27g of coffee for a 4-cup French press. 56g for 8-cup French press. Grind coffee coarsely.
- Water change. Empty hot water from French press and add the coarsely grinded coffee to French press. Start timer and add new hot water halfway to the top soaking all the grounds.
- Stir. Once the timer hits the 1 minute mark, start stirring to break the top layer also known as the crust.
- More water. Fill up French press all the way to the top with hot water. Put top on and start timer for 4 minutes.
- Press coffee plunger. At the 4-minute mark your coffee is ready to drink! Just push the coffee plunger all the way down.
- Pour and enjoy!